HOME > SHOPPING GUIDE
Duty free merchandise purchased at the Takashimaya Duty Free Shop SHILLA & ANA will be handed over at the airport.
How to shop duty free
- ● The person leaving Japan from either Narita Airport or Haneda Airport is eligible to shop duty free.
Customers leaving Japan from an airport other than those stated above are eligible to shop tax free.
- ● You must present your passport, boarding pass (E-ticket), or something else that serves as proof that you will leave the country.
- ● You can shop duty free starting 30 days before your departure until the day before your departure.
*If you are departing from Haneda Airport, and your flight is scheduled to depart between midnight and 5:59 a.m., please make your purchase no later than two days prior to your departure date.
- ●A power of attorney is required, if someone other than the person who is going to leave Japan will shop at Takashimaya Duty Free store. For details, please check here.
Preparing your passport and boarding pass (E-ticket)
- Prepare your passport, boarding pass (E-ticket), or something else that serves as proof that you will leave the country.
- Enjoy shopping at the Takashimaya Duty Free Shop SHILLA & ANA. You will need to have a shopping pass with your name, passport ID, departure date, and other necessary information issued before making a purchase. This pass is issued to facilitate your shopping experience at the store.
Making your purchase
- After making your purchase, receive the pick up ticket (export confirmation) which you will need to receive your items at the Duty Free Pick Up Counter at the departing airport.
- After completing departure procedures at Haneda Airport or Narita Airport, pick up your purchase at the “Duty Free Pick Up Counter at least one hour before the time of your departure. You will need to present your pick-up ticket (export confirmation), passport, and boarding pass.
Duty Free Pick Up Counter
- ●Narita International Airport Terminal 1 Near Gate 27
- ●Narita International Airport Terminal 2 Near Gate 70
- ●Narita International Airport Terminal 3
- ●Haneda Airport International Terminal
Precautions for shopping duty free
- ●Purchased items
- ・Purchased items may be picked up after clearing passport control at the departure airport. Please note that items may not be returned or exchanged for reasons on the customer’s side.
- ●Pick up hours
- ・Purchased items must be picked up by one hour before the departure time. The person who made the purchase is asked to go to the specified pick up location (Duty Free Pick Up Counter) of the departure airport after clearing passport control.
- ・Please note that items that were not picked up by one hour before departure may not be available anymore.
- ●Restrictions on carry-on baggage
- ・Restrictions are placed on the number, weight, and size of baggage that may be carried onboard.
- ・If your carry-on baggage may exceed the limit after you pick up your purchase at the Duty Free Pick Up Counter, please check your baggage in with your airline at the time of check-in.
- ・You will need to check in excess baggage if you exceed the carry-on limit after picking up duty free purchases, but additional fees may apply for baggage checked in at this point.
- ・Restrictions on liquid carry-ons may apply for passengers connecting flights.
Please contact your airline or check the airline’s website to confirm details on carry-on restrictions beforehand.
- ・Changes to departure schedules (e.g., airline, departure date, departure airport) may be accepted until 7 p.m. of the day before the departure date. Please note that changes may not be accepted on the day of departure.
*Changes to a flight departing Haneda Airport between midnight and 5:59a.m. are only accepted until 7 p.m. on the day two days prior to the desired departure date.
- ●Exemption of Consumption Tax
- ・Merchandise eligible for exemption of consumption tax may be brought home after purchase. However, note that such merchandise is expected to be exported after purchase, and thus cannot be consumed inside Japan.
- ・Consumption tax may be exempted for purchases of at least 5,000 yen for General Items, and between 5,000 yen and 500,000 yen (inclusive) for Consumables.
- Takashimaya Duty Free Shop
- Please direct inquiries outside the hours specified above to the contact below.
- Duty Free Pick Up Counter
- Narita International Airport Terminal 1 TEL：0476-34-4110
- Narita International Airport Terminal 2 TEL：0476-34-4110
- Narita International Airport Terminal 3 TEL：0476-34-4110
- Haneda Airport International TEL：03-6428-0096